What is #GivingTuesday?

#GivingTuesday is a global day of giving fueled by the power of social media and collaboration. Observed on the Tuesday following Thanksgiving and the widely-recognized shopping events Black Friday and Cyber Monday, #GivingTuesday kicks off the charitable season when many focus on their holiday and end-of-year giving. Since its inaugural year in 2012, #GivingTuesday has become a movement that celebrates and supports giving and philanthropy with events throughout the year.

Visit the #GivingTuesday website to learn more.

What choose #GivingTuesday with APESF?

For one day, Tuesday November 28th, APESF will award 100% of all donations as tuition scholarships.

Donation Impact: Unlike typical donations, where a portion may go to administrative costs, we guarantee that 100% of your donation on Giving Tuesday goes directly where it’s needed most—to deserving students.

Educational Investment: Giving Tuesday is an opportunity for you to use your generosity to support private school students in Arizona. Your contribution will be a direct investment in their education and future.

Transparent Giving: We believe in transparency and accountability. Rest assured that your generosity will be used efficiently and effectively to support APESF applicants. 

Why is this unique?

With donations given at other times during the year, according to the Arizona Department of Revenue regulations, APESF awards 90% of all donations and is allowed to use the remaining 10% for over head costs and internal operations. That is why Giving Tuesday is special! It is a day that APESF can join in this global movement of generosity and give 100%.

How can YOU join in the generosity?

This is a perfect opportunity to ask family and friends to make a donation and recommend your child. You are giving them an opportunity to give and have their gift go further! One of the easiest ways to ask is to use a Personal Family Donation Page. These pages include all of the information your donors need to help them understand the Private School Tax Credit Program and make a donation with a recommendation for your children.

You can also spread the word through your social media accounts. Click below for GivingTuesday content ideas. 

Or join in the movement and make a donation to a deserving child yourself! There are thousands of Arizona families who need your help to attend and stay in the schools they love.  

giving hands colored